The personal data communicated by the user are processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. SPOTICLE s.à r.l. is hereby required to provide you with the following information:
- The personal information submitted through this website/application is handled by SPOTICLE s.à r.l. , 23, rue de l'Hippodrome L-1730 Luxembourg
- You have the right to access, modify, rectify or suppress your personal information. You can exercise this right by sending a registered letter to:
SPOTICLE s.à r.l.
23, rue de l'Hippodrome
- Alternatively, you can request your data or ask for your account to be deleted by sending your request to email@example.com
IN WHAT WAY DO WE GET INFORMATION FROM YOU?
There are 2 different ways where we get information about you:
- Information you choose to give us.
When you sign up for or use Balloonary.io, you choose to give us certain information voluntarily. This may include your name or username, email address, phone number, profile photo, comments, and any other information you give us. Of course this also includes whatever you decide to share when creating your Ideas and Balloon website(s) on Balloonary.io. If you buy something on Balloonary.io, we collect payment information, contact information (address and/or phone number) and details of what you bought.
- Information we get when you use our services
This kind of information is more technical and it is automatically generated when you use Balloonary.io. We distinguish the following types of information:
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
how you interact with our services.
Content Information. We collect content you create on our platform, such as the Ideas and Balloon website(s) you create including the title, description, location, images, comments, shares and email-leads that are collected.
Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect: information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, browser type, language and time zone.
Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies. We use “cookies” or similar technologies to capture log data. A cookie consists of a small amount of data which is sent from the website/application server to your computer or mobile phone browser and is stored by your browser on your hard drive. Each time the browser requests a page, the information is sent back to the web server and allows the website/application to track your web browser and to remember your preferences. These cookies store session information. When visiting our websites these cookies get device information, such as your web browser type and language, access times, pages viewed and IP address. On the Balloonary.io website we use Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Hotjar and Zendesk to implement the aforementioned measures and we reserve the right to use other web analysis systems.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION?
We believe that the privacy of our users is most important and unlike many other social networks and services we do not use your information for advertisement and more importantly we do not share your personal information like names or email addresses with third parties, unless you choose to use a third-party service via Balloonary.io. As stated in the above section we distinguish between the information you decide to share and information that is automatically generated when you use Balloonary.io. You have the full control of what you create and share via Balloonary.io and your Balloon website(s).
The information that is automatically created when using Balloonary.io is solely used by us to analyse and understand how you interact with our application/website to ultimately improve the quality and user-friendliness of Balloonary.io in general. For example we try to analyse if our users understand the concept of creating Ideas and Balloon website(s) either for private usage or to share with a broader audience (published Balloon website(s)). This allows us to understand if the majority of our users understand the core concepts of Balloonary.io.
To summarize we will use your information for the following reasons:
- administer the website/application
- internal record keeping
- improve our products and services
- statistics and analysis of the user-friendliness of our website/application
- provide you with content relevant to your location
- send you with your permission our newsletter and communications relating to our business that may be of interest to you, using the email address which you have provided and that you can unsubscribe at anytime
- send you statements, invoices, general business communications, or notifications according to the services that you have requested
- provide third parties with general statistics about our visitors and traffic, but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
Your personal information will be stored until it is suppressed. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
HOW IS THIS INFORMATION SHARED?
The only information that can potentially be shared is
- Information that you create and that you share by yourself by either using the share function (like sending a link to your Balloon website(s) via email) or by just making your content public by publishing it using our fee-based packages.
- Paying users will get statistics about how many users have visited their Balloon website(s). In that case they get a consolidated analysis and never personal information from individual users, unless the individual user has chosen to share personal information with the paying user .e.g. an email address.
WHAT DOES PUBLIC AND PRIVATE MEAN?
By default information on Balloonary.io is private, unless you choose to pay to make your Balloon website(s) public by publishing it to generate traffic. Public information is any information or content you send, post or share using our website/application. Public information is available to anyone on or off our website/application and can be seen or accessed through online search engines and APIs. In some cases, people you share and communicate with may download or re-share this content with others on and off our website/application. When you comment on another person’s post or like their content on our website/application this is also public.
You can choose at any time to create new content or unpublish your Balloon website(s). Be aware that due to the very nature of the internet, there is no guarantee that content that you have published once and then unpublished, has not been copied by physical or digital means in the meantime. You should only publish Balloon website(s) that you are also willing to share with the public for everyone to see.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP THIS INFORMATION?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide Balloonary.io to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS?
You have options in relation to the information described above. To exercise these options, please contact us. You can:
- Access the information about you. We'll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
- Have your information corrected or deleted. You can update your information in your settings. If you have problems updating the information or if you would like us to delete it, contact us.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE/APPLICATIONS
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect online is safeguarded and secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we take reasonable technical and organisational precautions. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
CORRECTNESS OF YOUR INFORMATION
You are responsible for the correctness of the information that we hold about you. Any changes or updates regarding your personal information should be communicated to us.
INAPPROPRIATE OR OFFENSIVE CONTENT
We may use your personal information to stop you from sending or posting inappropriate or offensive content, material or any other information in any form anywhere to or on our website/application.
Please note that you should get your parent/guardian’s permission before you submit personal information to our website/application. If you do not have their permission you are not allowed to provide us with your personal information.