It is easy to connect a domain to Balloonary. We recommend you do this as fast as possible. Your publications will look much more professional with a custom domain that reflects your branding.
You should know that you need an external service to provide you with your domain of choice. If you already own a domain, perfect!
Ok, let's get you set up:
1. Click on your project name in the main navigation bar.
2. Click on "Manage Domain"
3. Click on "Edit" in the domain field
4. Switch the radio button to "Bring your own domain"
5. Enter a domain that you own in the domain field and click save. You can use a root domain, e.g. your-project.com, or any subdomain, e.g. your-project.your-brand.com.
6. Copy the "DNS Target" and configure your external domain provider to point to that target. You usually have to set the CNAME record to accomplish that. But this depends on which provider you use.
You can find specific documentation for various domain providers listed below
7. Once you have configured the DNS settings of your external domain provider, wait a few minutes for the settings to propagate and then click "check status".
Please be aware that it can take up to several hours for your new settings to propagate!
8. You should now see three green checkmarks. "Domain valid", "Domain connected" and "SSL certificate valid".
If you don't, please check again soon. Propagation of DNS settings can take up to several hours.
If even after 24 hours you don't see those two checkmarks, please make sure you correctly configured your external domain provider and reach out to your support team.
Happy ballooneering! ;-)
Domain provider documentation